Help | Contact | Search


PetGallery - Pet Photos and Pictures

OzPetShop - Pet Products, Supplies and Accessories

CLUBS DIRECTORY


DOGS NSW
Established: 1948

Overview
ozpets

The control of canine affairs in New South Wales, Australia was unified in 1948 with the formation of the Royal Agricultural Society Kennel Club. Under the guidance of the Royal Agricultural Society, the Club was formed to promote and improve the registration and classification of purebred dogs in NSW.

In 1988, the then RAS Kennel Control changed its name to the NSW Canine Council.

In 1989, the NSW Canine Council "broke away" completely from the RAS. Negotiations undertaken by the NSWCC resulted in the leasing of 80 hectares of State Government land at Erskine Park on the outskirts of Sydney.

In August 1990, work began on the construction of the now named Bill Spilstead Complex for Canine Affairs, and headquarters were established there the following year.

On 30 April 1993, Her Majesty the Queen granted approval for the prefix Royal to be used by the NSW Canine Council, and in February 1994 the Royal NSW Canine Council was incorporated as a Company Limited by guarantee.

Due to a greater need for community members to access the knowledge and services of the RNSWCC, members motioned in November of 2005 that the the RNSWCC trade as Dogs New South Wales. This name was launched on the 1st of July 2006, representing the Royal NSW Canine Council Ltd.


Breeds: All Breeds,


Contact Details

Contact: Linda Bonney

Address: 44 Luddenham Road
Erskine Park
New South Wales 2759
Phone:(02) 9834 3022
Fax:(02) 9834 3872



Website: www.dogsnsw.org.au  

Email: contact  Click to email this club.

Last Update: 14/09/07 10:51  

OzPetShop - Pet Products, Supplies and Accessories